Friday, December 28, 2012

Buggered toe

Post dated: 12th December 2012

During the roughing out of the self-portrait, I decided to switch boots.

As a result of a football accident about 20 years ago, my right big toe joint is completely buggered: calcified, arthritic and, at times, agonising.  The pain, when the joint flexes, is exacerbated by cold.  Therefore, when the weather changed, I swapped my steel toeys, which are bendy, for walking boots, which have steel rods in the soles. These stop the joint from moving up and back and are, consequently, beautiful in comfort.  But they do not have steel toecaps.

When, and this is when the barrel starts coming back down in the story, I loosed a ham sized piece of marble from the block with my pitcher, it fell right onto my left toe breaking not only the nail, but the bone beneath it.

  
This is a 12 certificate trailer to the snuff movie it later became.



 I have, temporarily, a brace of buggered toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment